What is a Primary Care Provider or PCP?
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) is your first contact for medical care. A PCP can be a doctor, nurse practitioner, or naturopath with proper training. We at Hands On Medicine are nurse practitioners and naturopaths. It is important to have an established PCP whom you see for regular check-ups and illnesses.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
What is a Naturopathic Physician?
Once a patient establishes care at Hands On Medicine, they will then also have access to other components of our integrated health care model, including individual, couple, group and family counseling available with our Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Jane Godfrey, Ph.D., LCSW, Maddison VanderHoff, LCSW, and Myra Bazell, LCSW.
What is Integrated Healthcare?
Integrated health care is an approach characterized by a high degree of collaboration and communication among health professionals. What makes integrated health care unique is the sharing of information among team members related to patient care and the establishment of a comprehensive treatment plan to address the biological, psychological and social needs of the patient. Since at Hands On Medicine most of your healthcare team is all under the same roof, this is especially efficient!
Hands On Medicine is a registered Tier 3 Patient-Centered Primary Care Home. What does that mean?
A Patient-Centered Primary Care Home is a health clinic that is recognized for their commitment to patient-centered care. And just as it sounds, patient-centered care is all about you and your health! This designation is awarded by the state, and Tier 3 is actually the highest classification available!
Complementary & Alternative Medicine Resources
- National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine, NIH: Paying for CAM Treatment
- Commonly Asked Questions
General Health & Insurance Information
Vaccinations & Immunizations
- Recommendations For Teens & College Bound
- More Information About Immunization Conversations
In the News
- FamilyCare Closure Would Devastate Oregon’s Most Vulnerable, The Oregonian
- New Health Model Makes Medical Care Affordable For Uninsured, The Skanner
- Nurse Practitioner Opens ‘Hands On’ Clinic, The Skanner
- Nurse Practitioners Take Steps To Protect Their Rights, Business Journal
- State Foster Care System Needs Overhaul, Portland Tribune